Thursday, September 15, 2011

Do You Know?

Do you know pain?  Do you know what it is to really feel heartache? To lose your child, only to watch your husband hold your only son and to watch him wonder if he'll be there for him?

Do you know love?  Do you know what it is to love...to love beyond measure?  To love someone so deeply?  To watch them hurt, suffer, and wonder what is to come?

Do you know sickness?  How it can eat away all of the good you do...how it can take everything?  How it can bring so much unknown?

Do you know who you are?  When times are good...and when they are bad...I mean ugly?  When you have no control...everything is out of your hands.

Do you know what you are capable of?  How much prayer...how much patience...how much grace?

I looked at a picture of Freddie and me the other day.  It's hanging on a wall in our home.  It's from our honeymoon.  We are at the Marina in Cabo San Lucas...so happy, so in love, carefree.  I look at that woman and wonder.  I wonder what she would have thought to know the hills and valleys that lay ahead.  I wonder what she would have thought she was capable of enduring.  I wonder if she knew how capable she was...

It's amazing how many things can happen in such a short time.  How much a heart is capable of...how much a soul can seek its savior.

I have everything I ever wanted.  My husband, my child, my home...yet I am facing a situation where I don't know how much of that is permanent.  God is continuing to show me that my trust lies in Him.  That the things of this world aren't permanent.  That some of the things I think matter, don't matter in His kingdom.

I'm rambling again...but very overwhelmed and full of thoughts and prayers...and needing a place to jot them down.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.


~Romans 15:13

No comments: