Monday, February 13, 2012

Update

Our plates have been very full, obviously.  We have had a lot going on with Freddie going to NIH in MD every other week, dealing with hospital visits and sickness, Will's surgery, our social life, and my interview process.

Yes, that was a lot!  Freddie is going every other week for testing and to receive his medication.  It is stressful for both of us...a quick, exhausting trip for him and the reality of single-parenthood and anxiety over Freddie's safety for me.  Needless to say, Will and I are both so glad when he gets home.  We will know more about how effective the medicine is in the next few weeks.

We've dealt with some sickness with Freddie's medication.  He has nausea and is very tired.  Will has dealt with a lot of ear infections that lead to getting tubes and I have had strep throat and now an allergic reaction to medication.  I feel like we are continuing to battle sickness and hope to see it leave our home soon.  We claim healing and health over the Caram household!

And finally, yes, I said interview process.  I've been contemplating returning to work over the last few months, but haven't been talking about it.  With everything going on, I want Freddie's main concern to be getting well.  By pure coincidence, I asked our good friend (and insurance agent) about her job.  I'd been thinking about how important what she has done for us is.  I also like the idea of building relationships with people in a forum where I can support and help them.  She explained her career and asked me if I would be interested.  From there, I began a slightly intense interview process and hesitated sharing it with anyone until it was semi-"official".

I am now studying for my first exam and hope to take it soon.  Once I am licensed and have begun building my career I will truly be "official".  I am very excited, but slightly nervous.  This is a new direction for me.  But, as Freddie put it, I would be nervous no matter what career path I was entering into right now.  I am thankful to have his support and JoAnn's.

I am sure you can see our plates continue to be full.  I think my favorite thing over the past few weeks has been the improvement in William.  We can already tell a difference in his hearing and language development. He is beginning to talk more and understands what we are saying better.  His sweet little baby voice and attempt at singing make my days.  We are so grateful and humbled by him.

I hope this finds you well and blessed.

For Now,

The Carams

No comments: